Friday 4 February 2011

Anchor Lea Cottage

...a lady approached me at a private viewing of a painting exhibition that included the Anchor Lea Cottage Painting. She told me that she had known the old fisherman gentleman that had once lived in this cottage many decades ago when she was a child.  The old guy was a likable well known local character in the area and he was always seen in the same old worn and tattered clothes with holes in the elbows of his jacket. On one occasion the old fisherman had to go down south on business to Liverpool. One local lad asked him if he was going to wear some smart clean clothes whilst on business to which he replied in a local Scottish dialect 'I'll will noo (not) have to as no one kens (knows) me down there'.  I was really pleased that my painting had evoked that lady's memory with this charming story.

No comments:

Post a Comment